Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Jan Hagel

Who doesn't love an easy recipe? Or a recipe with relatively few ingredients? When I read about jan hagel on CakeSpy, it sounded too easy not to try.

Jan Hagel

Jan hagel is pretty much a Dutch butter cookie. You simply combine butter, sugar, egg, flour, cinnamon, and water. This dough is pressed into a jelly roll pan and sprinkled with chopped walnuts. Bake it, cool it, cut it, and you're done. I must note that I had to embarassingly make this recipe twice. The first time I forgot to spray my pan with nonstick cooking spray. Always, always, always remember to grease your pans when baking. It's such an easy step to forget at times, and yet it will determine if your efforts and money yield delicious results that are mobile or stuck to the pan. The first batch tasted good, but it was too difficult to share. The second batch came out wonderfully. You don't need complex flavor combinations to make a satisfying cookie. A buttery base with nuts and cinnamon is all this cookie has to offer and it's more than enough for my tastes.

No comments: