Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Soy-Lime-Ginger Shrimp - 04/21/08

Want a quick and delicious seafood marinade? Try this one.

Marinade

You assemble the marinade in a blender. I used two chopped shallots, 5 cloves of garlic, the green parts of some scallions, 1 chopped ginger root, 1 cup of soy sauce, 1/2 cup of lime juice, salt, pepper, and 1/4 cup of olive oil. I placed this over the shrimp and let them sit for about 20 minutes. In the mean time, I started some rice in my rice cooker that I had seasoned with garlic salt and some dried ginger.

Soy-Lime-Ginger Shrimp

After marinating, I put the shrimp in a saute pan and cooked them until they were no longer gray-white. The recipe recommended to use a grill, but the pan is easier for me. I served the shrimp up with a side of rice. This is one of my new favorite marinades that could easily be used for other meats.

No comments: