Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Chacos - 4/16/08

For lunch (and probably dinner too), I made chicken tacos, or as I like to call them, chacos. These are not to be confused with facos (fish tacos) or sacos (steak tacos).

Chacos

As long as you have all of the right ingredients, these are quite easy to make. I used chicken tenderloins so I would not have to cut up the chicken, but you can easily to this with chicken breasts and slice them up after they are done cooking. Grill or pan fry the chicken. For seasoning, I used garlic salt, pepper, cumin, Sazon Goya, and a little lime juice. When the chicken is done, place it in a tortilla (I love flour tortillas, but corn tortillas are better for you, so I used those this time). On top, you can use whatever you like. Today, I added chopped cabbage, cheese, sour cream, salsa, olives, and green onions. You could easily have chiles, tabasco, lime juice, black beans, cilantro, or anything else you want.

On the side, I made some tortilla chips. The corn tortillas always come in packs of about 50, so there are plenty to spare. I chopped some tortillas into sixths and placed them on a greased cookie sheet. I sprayed them with Pam and dusted them with salt, garlic powder, pepper, and lime juice. I then put them in a 350 degree oven until they were crispy, about 20 minutes or so (I wasn't watching the clock, so don't quote me on it).

No comments: