Wednesday, March 19, 2008

St. Patrick's Day - 3/17/08

I had not planned on doing anything for St. Patrick's Day, but then inspiration struck me on my way home. I went to Fresh Market and here's what I managed to put together:

St. Patty Melt

For lunch I made these St. Patty Melts. I found a nice Irish soda bread at Fresh Market. It had some raisins in it, but I figured that would not throw the flavor off too much. On top of this, I put a few slices of corned beef and some spinach. On top of this, I put some shredded Irish cheddar. I grilled this sandwich up and, as a garnish, I placed a few more spinach leaves on top.

Bangers & Mash

For dinner I made a classic British dish: bangers and mash. The bangers (sausages) were Irish for those purists out there. To the mashed potatoes, I added some more spinach for a nice green color. Admittedly, I should have used cabbage instead, but I like spinach better. As a beverage, I made some green (ginger) ale. May the luck of the Irish be with you all!

No comments: