Sunday, January 20, 2008

Turkey Burgers and Baked Beans - 1/16/2008

I have been cooking, but I have just been lazy about making blog posts. Earlier in the week I made turkey burgers and some baked beans.

Turkey Burgers

Turkey burgers can be good if you make them right and do not overcook them, but the same is true for almost any food. Usually, you have to flavor up the burgers pretty well to get some good results. To the meat I added, soy sauce, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and a vegetable dip mix (one of the packets you add to sour cream to make a dip). I grilled them on the stove using my new grill pan (shown in the picture) I received for Christmas. They turned out nicely moist and delicious, though I probably should have made them a little smaller so they cooked faster.

BBQ Beans & Tofu

Also for Christmas, I received this nice oven-safe pot. I used it to make some BBQ baked beans with tofu. After softening some onion, you mix together the beans, BBQ sauce, tofu, brown sugar, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. I baked it until it was bubbly. I like my beans to be softer than these turned out, but it was pretty good anyways. The tofu added a different texture to it all.

No comments: