Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Ted's Montana Grill - 7/29/2009

Bison Burger

I love trying new meats. I like to live my life like Noah from the Bible, except I'm eating two of every animal. When I found out I had the chance to try bison, I was chomping at the bit. We went to Ted's Montana Grill, where they have a giant bison's head hung on the wall to ward off vegetarians. I ordered a bison burger with Monterrey jack cheese, onions and mushrooms. The menu is chiefly devoted to burgers, available in beef or bison, and chicken sandwiches. The bison meat itself is actually lighter and almost fluffy compared to a beef burger. It was still a little greasy as all burgers should be, but it didn't form a ball in my stomach afterwards. The only drawback to the burger was the fact that the toppings absolutely refused to stay on the bun. It was all very tasty, but just architecturally unsound.

Grilled Chicken Sandwich

I'm not normally a grilled chicken sandwich eater, but I may make an exception for this one. The chicken has some potent seasoning on it that actually gives it some flavor. That and it was very moist and there was more chicken than bread. On the side were some monstrous onion rings that fulfilled that occasional need I have to consume fried food. All in all, Ted's was a good experience for us carnivores, especially since I managed to add another animal to my growing list consumable critters.

No comments: