Sunday, October 5, 2008

Pane di Formaggio - 10/04/08

Cheese Bread Outside

As I may have mentioned in a previous post, I got the recipe for a wonderful cheese bread from a family in Rome. Today, I decided to finally attempt to make it.

Cheese Bread Inside

Unlike many things you try for the first time, this recipe came out pretty darn close to what I intended. I think I will reduce the baking time a little bit, but other than that minor difference, I consider this a success. Unfortunately, I am not at liberty to disclose the recipe for the bread. I promised Pietro and his family that I would use this only for my personal purposes. All I will say is that there are three kinds of cheeses involved, some metric conversions, and an odd recipe for a bread. I know this is disappointing for those reading this (especially since the bread is wonderfully delicious), but if anything, I'm a man of my word. Grazie, Pietro.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

David,

I have enjoyed reading your cooking blog for many months. I tried to post a comment before but the website wanted me to register or something. Anyway I like all your dishes and hopefully some day we can get together to share one of your wonderful meals. This bread sounds great you must have charmed Pietro just right to get the recipe. Take care, Uncle Scott