Sunday, October 5, 2008

Fettuccine with Goat Sausage - 10/01/08

Last weekend, when I was determining what I wanted to cook for the week, I decided on this recipe. However, I changed my mind about using turkey sausage when I found a block of goat sausage at the local Farmers' Market. It was flavored with sage and I thought what better opportunity to try something new.

Italian Fettuccine

On my trip to Italy, I picked up this fettuccine primavera for all of the wonderful colors. I chose a few of the colors to use in this dish.

Fettuccine with Goat Sausage

While cooking the pasta, cook some chopped onion until it is translucent. Then add the goat sausage, breaking up the meat into bite-size pieces. Cook the meat all the way through and allow to brown on the outside. Add some white wine to deglaze the pan for a couple of minutes. Then add some rinsed cannelini beans and halved grape tomatoes, allowing this mixture to heat through and the tomatoes to soften. Add the sauce to the cooked, drained pasta, tossing to coat. Surprisingly, the goat meat tasted like any other meat with all of the sausage seasonings, but that doesn't mean you should avoid trying it. I like adding to my culinary repertoire whenever possible, if for no other reason but to keep myself interested in food and cooking for myself on a regular basis.

No comments: