Sunday, September 30, 2007

Ham-Burger - 9/30/2007

Ham-Burger

I had a good deal of extra ham steak, so I decided to make another type of ham sandwich. This one is more traditional American in inspiration. I found mini square bagels from Thomas' in the grocery store. They were too cool and different to pass up. I grilled the ham the same way as yesterday and put it on the bagel. In hindsight, it may have been better to toast the bagel a bit to add some stability, but it was fine without doing that too. I sliced up some tomato and added pre-chopped lettuce (you can see the bag in the background). On the top part of the bagel, I smeared on some honey mustard. Around holiday time, this could also be good with some cranberry sauce added to it. Since these bagels are not so mini, I did not make a side dish. Otherwise I would have exploded.

No comments: