Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Shrimp Cakes - 9/10/08

When planning my meals for the week, I was struck by inspiration - making crab cakes with shrimp instead. Here are the results:

Shrimp Cakes

I bought a bag of frozen, cooked, deveined, detailed shrimp and let them thaw in the fridge. I cut them in 3-4 pieces each, then added salt, pepper, breadcrumbs, freshly chopped dill, chopped green onion, lemon juice, mayonnaise, and sour cream (the last two ingredients in equal proportions). I formed these into patties and put them in a hot, oiled pan. After letting them brown nicely, I turned them and cooked them on the other side. While this all cooked, I prepared a homemade cocktail sauce from some ketchup, fresh horseradish and Worcestershire sauce. Lastly, I arranged the cakes on a plate with some sauce and dill for garnish. Though I always have a problem with them breaking apart, they were delicious all the same.

No comments: