Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Linguine with Gremolata - 09/09/08

Linguine with Gremolata


School is making me lazy about updating the blog. That ends today. The first update is linguine with gremolata. I cooked some spinach linguine (for the green color). On the side in a pan I cooked shallots (light onion flavor), garlic, zucchini, and snow peas until they are crisp-tender. Add spinach and fresh basil at the end and cook until they are wilted. After draining the pasta, I transferred all of these vegetables to the pasta. In the skillet, I turned up the heat to medium high and placed some sliced chicken breast in it. As it cooked, I seasoned it with salt, pepper, and freshly grated parmigiano. Using high heat sealed in the juices and flavor in the chicken (as long as I did not overcook it). I dished up the pasta-vegetable mixture and topped it with the chicken. Lastly, I prepared the gremolata: chopped parsley, lemon zest, capers, and olive oil. This was placed on top to add a burst of bright flavor to the dish. I also added some more parmigiano on top because I love me some cheese. I liked the freshness and contrasts in this meal and it made me very happy after a long day of research.

No comments: