Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Rhonda's Birthday - 07/16/08

I know I have not updated in a few weeks, but I have a good excuse. I've been out of the country for a little over 2 weeks, so I'm going to be posting a few blog updates to catch up. My step-mom, Rhonda, had her birthday before we left on vacation, so here's what we prepared:

Strawberry Dream Cake

Every year, my dad prepares Rhonda's birthday cake: devil's food cake with layers of sliced strawberries and Dream Whip, an instant whipped cream. This year, though, the responsibility ended up on my shoulders. I tried to be a little more artistic with the placement of the strawberries. The cake is nice because it is light (in feeling, not in calories) but still flavorful.

Edge Brownies

There are individuals who love edge brownie pieces, but are plagued by the lack of these pieces in most brownie pans. This is why they invented the edge brownie pan. Every piece, if cut right, is an edge and there are far more corner pieces too. I used an Ina Garten brownie recipe. You may notice that the recipe uses ungodly amounts of butter and chocolate. But these were the fudgiest brownies I've ever eaten. Don't be disappointed by this blog entry, the best is yet to come.

No comments: