Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Pistachio Sundae Shots - 11/6/2007

A few restaurants in town (Chili's, TGI Fridays, and their analogues) have started serving shot glass desserts, which are pretty much normal desserts layered in a shot glass. After trying some that were less than spectacular, I decided to design my own.

Pistachio Sundae Shots

The bottom layer is Ben & Jerry's Pistachio Pistachio ice cream which I let soften to be able to put it in the glass. I refroze the ice cream and added a layer of chocolate syrup. I again froze the cups, though apparently chocolate syrup does not freeze completely. The next layer is pistachio pudding (Jello). A dollop of whipped cream, drizzled chocolate sauce and chopped pistachios add the finishing touch. The hardest part of this dessert is keeping the glass clean as you add each layer. Otherwise, it will end up a mess. This is one of about eight ideas I have, so expect more to come.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those look much fancier than the ones I saw people eating at Chili's.

The extra thick walls of the glass really emphasize the design of the yummy food inside.