Thursday, November 1, 2007

Apothecary Jars - 10/31/2007

On my way into lab today, I saw a large pile sitting next to the elevator bearing the sign "Free Stuff." Among all of the unwanted lab equipment, I found some cool-looking Erlenmeyer flasks that I claimed for my own. Then I saw a awesome set of ground-glass jars. I immediately grabbed the box of eight jars and fled. Here is a picture of the jars:

Apothecary Jars

I call them my apothecary jars, mostly because it sounds cool and "apothecary" is more marketable than "chemistry." I washed them with bleach and ran them through the dishwasher to make sure there were no chemicals or anything else left in the jars when I wanted to fill them.

Apothecary Jars 2

In these jars (from left to right), I put cinnamon candy, whole allspice and curry powder. I also have one on my desk with my paper clips in it. I'm not sure what I will do with the others right now, but they would be great for gifts, candies, spices, oils, and pretty much anything else. I know I'm a nerd because I'm so excited about these jars...but look at them! They are so great! ;-P

No comments: